Information Technology Badges
By earning all seven of the badges below, you can prove that you have completed a comprehensive education in the areas of information technology that companies rely on to remain competitive and successful.
Microsoft Office Guru. As you earn your guru status and this badge, you will improve your abilities while working on a hands-on project. This can help ensure that you are proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications.
- Gain the ability to create quality presentations in PowerPoint that communicate your points effectively
- Create spreadsheets in Excel that lay out complicated information in the most sensible way while taking full advantage of the application’s functionality
- Create appealing word processing documents in Word using the program’s many templates
Computer Troubleshooting Master. Every IT professional needs to learn the basics of troubleshooting network systems and conveying solutions-focused information to end users effectively. This badge shows you have the following skills:
- Ability to build computers from start to finish and basic software and hardware troubleshooting
- Know how to install network systems as efficiently as possible
- Perform upgrades and solve firmware issues
MS Server 2012 Proficient User. To thrive in your IT career, you should understand networking and multiprocessor operating systems. This badge will show you have the knowledge to learn how to administer complicated operating systems.
- Overcome common and unexpected challenges that can impair network operating systems
- Work in a lab setting where you can gain valuable experience collaborating on a team
- Gain skills to administer operating systems like those businesses all over the world rely on to be successful
Security Assessment Evaluator. Cyber security is more important than ever, with the increasing sophistication of modern threats. This badge will show that you have the skills to prevent and fix common breaches in security.
- Understand how to plan for potential threats, whether on desktop, laptop or network systems
- Help businesses protect their most valuable data; you can be a heavily relied upon member of your organization
- Work for a variety of businesses in the private and public sectors
Application Service Project Driver. Understanding how to run a Windows Server is a must for current information technology students. You can learn to become proficient in administering these kinds of infrastructures.
- Ensure infrastructures run smoothly so business can operate without interruption
- Learn key concepts such as disaster recovery, Active Directory Certificate Services, fault tolerance and others
- Get hands-on experience mastering Advanced Windows Server infrastructure
Project Plan Leader. This badge shows you know how to execute and get things done. Your role is an important one, so you must possess the knowledge and leadership skills to be an effective project plan leader.
- Get the experience of developing a project plan and presenting results to peers and faculty
- Transition into a new professional role as you prepare to graduate
- Work with peers to develop working prototypes and other proof-of-concept materials that demonstrate your abilities
Network Setup Planner. To move up the ranks in the field of information technology, you should be able to help problem-solve networking-related hardware and software. But you also need the planning skills to make sure installation runs smoothly.
- Understand key topics, such as routing protocols, frame relay concepts, virtual networks and other subjects
- Have the opportunity to develop a computer-based solution to a real business problem
- Gain knowledge of the advanced concepts that relate to current networking best practices, troubleshooting and security