Exercise Science Bachelor Degree
The Bachelor of Science in exercise science degree program provides students with industry knowledge and skills required for entry-level positions in the health, fitness and wellness industry.
Graduates of the program may qualify for positions as managers, personal trainers and consultants, working in public, private and government settings including health clubs, commercial fitness centers, corporate fitness/wellness centers, university wellness/adult fitness centers, municipal/city recreation/family centers and worksite health-promotion organizations.
Elective seminars provide students with opportunities to earn nationally-recognized certifications. The curriculum combines scientific studies with material from leading industry experts.
General education requirements in the areas of communication, social science, natural science and humanities provide analytical and communication skills as well as a global perspective of diverse cultures.
In the exercise science program, you may gain knowledge in the areas of:
- Kinesiology (the study of human movement)
- Muscle Activation Techniques (MAT)
- Fitness Analysis Nutrition
As an elective option, students can take the Muscle Activation Techniques™ (MAT) Specialist certification training.
In the MAT Specialist Program you will:
- Learn to assess and treat isolated muscle weakness throughout the body
- Take part in in hands-on learning experiences
- Develop the skills to improve the function of inhibited muscles
Graduates are better prepared for leadership roles in their career as a result of gaining business skills, such as:
- Applied ethics
- Professional communications
As a Bachelor of Science in exercise science degree student, you can expect:
- The flexibility of online and residential classes
- Knowledgeable financial aid staff
- Access to tutors
- Resume writing, job interviewing and other career assistance
- Hands-on experience through class projects