Associate in Applied Science Degree (A.A.S.) in Exercise Science
Earn your real-world exercise science degree
Do you dream of a career as a personal trainer? Have you been looking for exercise science degrees that align with your goals for your future? Minnesota School of Business & Globe University offer an associate degree in exercise science that can prepare you to sit for your personal training certification*. Our associate degree path in exercise science emphasizes hands-on coursework that can bridge the gap between education and employment in settings such as health clubs, commercial fitness centers, corporate fitness/wellness centers, university wellness/adult fitness centers, municipal/city recreation/family centers, and worksite health promotion organizations.
Minnesota School of Business & Globe University offer an exercise science online degree format in addition to our on-site coursework.
Our exercise science degrees can prepare you to sit for the following certification exams*:
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) Certified Personal Trainer (CPT)
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) Certified Personal Trainer (CPT)
- National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) Certified Personal Trainer (CPT)
- International Youth Conditioning Association (IYCA) Level 1
- National Exercise Trainers Association (NETA)
- American Council on Exercise (ACE)
*Exams are not administered by Minnesota School of Business & Globe University.
Gain the skills employers want
Our associate in exercise science degree program covers a wide range of topics, including:
- Summarizing the role of nutrition in promoting health and extending the life cycle
- Predicting responses to exercise, both anatomical and physiological
- Identifying joints, anatomy and the mechanics of human movement
- Utilizing data to design exercise programs for different needs
- Selecting appropriate fitness assessments and interpreting results
On-campus learning for the personal attention you deserve
We want to help you succeed in your academic journey, which is why we offer convenient class schedules in the day or evening. We also offer multiple campus locations across Minnesota and Wisconsin. We keep your class sizes small so your education goals don’t get lost in a crowded lecture hall.
You’ll benefit from classwork in subjects such as:
- Fitness Analysis
- General Nutrition
Minnesota School of Business & Globe University are accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS). ACICS is listed as a nationally recognized accrediting agency by the United States Department of Education and is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.