Master of Business Administration (MBA) — Human Resources Emphasis
Discover your future with a master’s degree with an emphasis in human resources
You have a passion for serving others in the workplace — it’s what brought you into the human resources field in the first place. But your aspirations don’t stop there. You want to grow your career and step into a management or leadership role. To do that, you need the master of business administration with an emphasis in human resources from Minnesota School of Business & Globe University. We can help you launch the next exciting phase of your future.
Our MBA programs provide core MBA degree coursework in things like managerial communications, strategic management and more. From there, you dive into human resources electives that help you learn how to tackle the issues facing the 21st-century workplace, including legal and ethical challenges, government laws and regulations, and fiscal stability. Throughout your studies, you’ll get practical, hands-on training from instructors who bring their real-world experiences into their lessons.
Gain the skills employers want
Our MBA degree with a human resources emphasis can teach you how to:
- Examine fundamental accounting and finance concepts and how they influence various aspects of a business
- Measure human capital using an integrated, nonlinear approach and accounting for things like employee performance and organizational development
- Analyze challenges businesses face regarding responsibilities to employees, society, and legal/regulatory systems
- Encourage clear communication and foster teamwork in a productive environment
- Explore effective marketing practices using visual, statistical and analytical approaches
On-campus learning for the personal attention you deserve
You’re passionate about being a resource for people, and we’re passionate about being a resource for you. We want to make it easier and more convenient for you to get your degree, so we offer the coursework for our MBA with an emphasis in HR during the weekend or online so you can balance your priorities. Our class sizes are small, so you can get a personalized learning experience, and with our full-time, year-round study option, you can earn your master of business administration in as few as 18 months taking an average of 9-10 credits a quarter. Our graduate programs are offered at our downtown Minneapolis campus. We also offer a number of campus locations across Minnesota, Wisconsin and in the Sioux Falls area.
You’ll benefit from classwork in subjects such as:
- Legal Information Management
- Case Studies in Human Resource Management
- Case Studies in Business Ethics and Law
- Human Capital: Two-Sided Accountability
- Politics of Leadership in a Global Economy
Minnesota School of Business & Globe University are accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS). ACICS is listed as a nationally recognized accrediting agency by the United States Department of Education and is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.