Master of Business Administration (MBA) — Accounting Emphasis
Accelerate your career with a master’s degree with an emphasis in accounting
You don’t want to just be a part of an accounting or finance team — you want to help lead it. You want the kind of education that demonstrates your commitment to shaping the financial vision of a business. With an MBA — Accounting concentration from Minnesota School of Business & Globe University, you can study theories of management and leadership that can prepare you to advance in your career.
Our coursework emphasizes a core of strategy and managerial tools, then builds on this foundation with accounting electives. Learn from instructors with real-world experience, get practical training and learn how to apply it to real-world scenarios, and complete all of this in as few as 18 months with full-time (an average of 9-10 credits a quarter), year-round study.
Gain the skills employers want
With our MBA — Accounting emphasis, you’ll learn:
- Use of internal controls and management policies in regard to control and auditing
- Contemporary and emerging issues in the area of financial reporting
- The relationship between managerial decision-making and taxes, including factors such as corporate structure and reorganization
- Macro- and microeconomic viewpoints of national and international business
- Interpretation of financial statements and influences of cost management tactics
On-campus learning for the personal attention you deserve
At Minnesota School of Business & Globe University, we provide learning options to better fit your busy life. Our on-site MBA with an emphasis in accounting has class offerings in downtown Minneapolis during the weekend or online to fit your schedule. We also have campuses all around Minnesota, Wisconsin and the Sioux Falls area of South Dakota. We keep your class sizes small, so you can have a more personalized learning experience.
You’ll benefit from classwork in subjects such as:
- Case Studies in Business Ethics and Law
- Case Studies in Human Resource Management
- Fiscal Resources Management I
- Management Control and Auditing
- Taxation and Business Decisions
Minnesota School of Business & Globe University are accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS). ACICS is listed as a nationally recognized accrediting agency by the United States Department of Education and is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.