Transfer Credits and College Credits for Experience
Propelling your education forward
Feeling like you’re going backward can be frustrating, especially when it comes to your education. Whether you’ve already taken college classes, or you’ve been working in a job that’s given you hands-on training that parallels college coursework, you should be able to use your eligible prior learning to your advantage. That’s why Minnesota School of Business & Globe University offer credit for eligible prior learning in a variety of ways.
- Work experience — Professional, on-the-job experience may apply either to a specific course if it meets that criteria or as elective credits. It may be occupational or managerial, and you could have attained it in any place from the office to the military. You just need the right documentation — which may include letters from your supervisor, performance reports, job assignment descriptions or other alternatives.
- Transfer credit* or prior learning credit — This may encompass undergraduate courses or learning that you’ve successfully completed for credit at another institution that covers equivalent content to one of our courses. We review any and all documentation of potential sources — licensing, CLEP tests, DANTES tests, AP tests, military — to see what qualifies based on the American Council on Education’s standards. This also includes advanced standing (PR) or advanced placement courses completed at the high school level.
- Military service — A military transcript can be brought in to see if it matches undergraduate courses and figure out if they are eligible, based on the American Council on Education recommendations. You can request transcripts from the Sailor/Marine American Council on Education Registry Transcript (SMART), the Army American Council on Education Registry Transcript Service (AARTS), the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF), and the U.S. Coast Guard Institute (CGI).
Don’t worry if you’re overwhelmed or confused about (a) what training, coursework or licensures may qualify; and/or (b) what you need to bring in to get the credits you’ve earned. Our academic department will be happy to talk you through everything and figure all of that out.
In addition to staff members who review documentation to assess qualifying credits for prior learning, Minnesota School of Business & Globe University also have direct articulation agreements with:
- Concordia University, St. Paul
- Brown College — Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Waldorf College — Forest City, Iowa
- ITT Technical Institute — Eden Prairie, Minnesota
- Colorado Technical University
- Capella University, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- St. Mary’s University of Minnesota
Articulation agreements indicate that a student can take credits earned at GU/MSB and be eligible for credits at one of the institutions listed above. Please contact an academic services staff member for program specific information.
Ready to get started?
We want to do everything we can to not only set you up for success in your career, but to make sure your educational experience is useful and efficient. Contact an admissions representative today or call 1-877-655-7676 to learn more about how the work you’ve already done could put you that much closer to earning your degree.
*Credit transfer is always at the discretion of the receiving institution. For more information about transfer credit eligibility, please visit: www.msbcollege.edu.