MSB – Rochester: Where Everybody Knows Your Name

Posted by on January 25, 2016

Small class sizes, night classes and an easy-going atmosphere are just a few things that made Minnesota School of Business stand out from other colleges for Morgan Howard.

Besides taking her best friend’s word that morgan1MSB-Rochester was an “excellent school”, Howard said she liked the fact that the school would work around her full-time job with the Rochester School District in the health office and that everyone was so friendly.

Howard is currently in the medical assistant program with hopes of someday being an administrator for a nursing home.

“I have been a CNA since I was 17, and I love working with the elderly. A lot of nursing homes I feel aren’t run correctly, so I would love to help change that,” Howard said.

Before attending MSB-Rochester, Howard went to another college where she said she did not like how big the campus was. She said MSB is small, and since she is a small-town girl she felt more comfortable here.

“MSB is different because at the [other school] I felt like I was just a number and the teachers didn’t really care if I was learning or not. At MSB, the teachers are always wanting you to learn more and always helping you succeed, no matter what,” she said.

Howard said her favorite class was substance abuse assessment and treatment. Her instructor, Ken Sells, said Howard was a very good and contentiousness student who was actively involved in classroom discussions.

“She often offered good insight and a keen sense of humor into the discussions. I appreciated how she openly shared about her life. I believe Morgan has a good future as a MA and often exhibits a positive attitude with good people skills,” Sell said.

morgan2Besides school and work, Howard loves her family, friends and horses. She credits her family for where she is in life today.

Howard says she plans to graduate in spring of 2017 and come back to MSB to earn her health care management degree.

To learn more about the medical assistant or health care management programs, financial aid, or credit for prior learning, call 1-877-655-7676 or send us a request for more information.