Minnesota School of Business + MetroNorth Chamber of Commerce = Workforce Development Gold

Posted by on February 26, 2015

You know that feeling when you meet someone and your goals and hopes for the future are in sync and you can see that everything is going to work out to be just as it should be? It’s a great feeling, right? Well, that is the feeling we’re having right now. And that “someone” I was referring to … is the MetroNorth Chamber of Commerce.

Recently, Globe University and Minnesota School of Business launched a Workforce Development Training Program. This program offers cooperative training, customized employee training and professional development courses related to the world of work in many different aspects. It’s a great option for employers committed to developing a high quality team of employees.

Julie Kresh, community manager at MSB-Blaine

As the community manager at Minnesota School of Business-Blaine, I’ve been a member of the Chamber’s workforce development committee for about 18 months. Last month, I was elected to be the Higher Education Representative to the Workforce Development Foundation Board of Directors, which the committee established as a 501(c)3 last year. The vision of the committee, and the foundation, is “To bring business and education together to ensure a high caliber workforce in the Anoka County area.”

Talk about a good feeling! This match couldn’t be more perfect!

By focusing on closing the gap between employer needs and the educated labor supply to build a more competitive and productive workforce, everybody wins.

I am honored to be a part of something as qualified and useful as the MetroNorth Chamber of Commerce Workforce Development Foundation Board of Directors. I look forward to working with my fellow board members on initiatives this year, and the years that follow. Together, we will achieve great things!