Minnesota School of Business Prepared Massage Therapy Graduate for Demands of the Field

Posted by on February 17, 2015

Alythia Scully was initially drawn to the Minnesota School of Business (MSB)-Elk River campus because it was just four miles from where she lived. After meeting with her admissions counselor, Alythia says there was no doubt that MSB was the place for her. Now, she is an alumna of the massage therapy diploma program.

The campus location was not only convenient, but Alythia appreciated the intentions of everyone at MSB, making her educational experience a positive one.

“Teachers and faculty made it clear that they had my back but didn’t intend to hold my hand,” she explains. “It was the perfect transition from my high school experience.”

Alythia also says she feels she is very equipped with the skills and competence needed to handle the demands of her career.

“The massage therapy program offered more information and possibilities than I ever thought existed in the field,” says Alythia. “I liked that I knew why I needed to take every course I took. There were no generals or filler classes – just the nitty gritty!”

Alythia is a recent graduate but has already worked in the massage therapy field for a full year because she was hired halfway through her schooling. She says that’s partly due to the fact that MSB is there to help students succeed.

“If you are putting forth the effort, there is no doubt … you will learn more than you ever dreamed and land a job that recognizes your worth,” explains Alythia. “[MSB has] all the tools necessary. All you need is the drive and presence.”

Alythia says she enjoys all things pertaining to wellness and enjoys taking care of people.

“I make it a persistent effort to uplift myself and others to the best of my ability. In my work and life environment, I am creative; constantly looking for new ideas to incorporate into my practice,” she says. “I love loving my job!”

Visit the Minnesota School of Business massage therapy program page to learn more.