Minnesota School of Business Helped Business Management Alumna Find Potential to Succeed

Posted by on February 3, 2015

Kelly Flannery graduated from Minnesota School of Business (MSB)-Elk River with a bachelor’s degree in business management, and she says if it weren’t for MSB, she wouldn’t be where she is today.

Kelly attended two other colleges before arriving at MSB, but decided to stay because of the small class sizes, one-on-one help, and supportive staff and faculty who went above and beyond to help her succeed.

“I loved my instructors,” says Kelly. “They’ve found more potential in me than I could ever find myself and pushed me to get places I never thought I would be.”

Kelly also received support from staff in the career services department, who reached out to her to check-in and see how things were going.

“Career services, as well as other staff and instructors, have been very supportive in trying to help me get a job,” explains Kelly. “Even after I have graduated I feel like I have this great support system behind me.”

Kelly is currently very involved in Collegiate DECA (Distributive Education Clubs of America), serving as a state officer. She says her instructors at MSB introduced her to the organization and pushed her to see her own leadership potential.

“[DECA] is something I am very passionate about, as it has changed me into a better person and allows me to be a great leader,” she says. “I love helping people and seeing them grow.”

Kelly is looking forward to the national DECA competition in Washington D.C. in April 2015. She says she hopes to use her education and leadership skills to move up in her current company, Maurice’s, where she held an internship.

“If it weren’t for MSB, as well as Collegiate DECA … I wouldn’t be where I am today,” Kelly says. “I am a much more confident person and have motivation to keep growing personally and professionally.”

Visit the Minnesota School of Business, business management program page to learn more.