Business Administration Student Achieves Goals with Help from MSB

Posted by on January 27, 2015

Ben Rimbey’s ambition has led him to Minnesota School of Business (MSB)-Elk River, where he is working toward his Bachelor of Science in business administration degree. Ben has big goals for his future, and he says MSB is helping him get there.

The flexibility of MSB works with Ben’s schedule, allowing him to attend school full time and work full time at his sales job. The iPad technology has helped Ben balance it all by allowing him to learn from home.

“It’s very interactive, lightens my backpack load, and it’s great having all my books in one spot,” he says.

Along with great instructors and the option to complete a bachelor’s degree in three years, Ben chose to attend MSB because it had a greater sense of community than the college he had attended previously.

“I don’t feel like a number at MSB,” Ben says. “I’m held accountable for being in class, and I love that. Taking attendance, and having instructors and mentors who care makes a big difference.”

Ben says he was pleasantly surprised that he was able to transfer his credits earned in community college to put toward his degree at MSB. He appreciates that the college works with him to become even more successful in his professional and personal life.

“I love learning about all the different business spectrums,” explains Ben. “My schooling will help me move into management at my current job and help me open a business down the road.”

In particular, Ben says he’d love to follow his love for animals and open a pet supply store someday. Whatever his goals are – personal or professional, Ben is determined and constantly striving to reach them.

“I’m currently training for a half marathon, and working towards a full marathon within the next couple years,” he says. “I love to push myself in all aspects of life, always trying to get better and better others.”

Visit the Minnesota School of Business, business administration program page to learn more.