New Year, New You?

Posted by on January 22, 2015

2015 is well underway, and we here at Minnesota School of Business-Richfield (MSB) are thinking about New Year’s resolutions. Maybe there are some things that we could better at in 2015 than we were in 2014?

Our resourceful instructor Carol Jaeger suggests that students strive for perfect attendance in 2015. “It leads to class participation and preparedness. Students stay on task, which leads to success,” she said.

“Students should also make a commitment to excellence regarding their educational experience. They should believe in themselves and build self-confidence with a professional, ‘can-do’ attitude,” Carol added.

Business management student Angie Aberle made this resolution: “I try and do my homework directly after class so I don’t procrastinate. It’s been going well—I understand the material better even though I am in a lot of harder classes right now,” she stated.

Natasha Martinez, a student in the medical assistant program, said, “I’m trying to pick up classes so that I graduate faster.”

Leila Ali, also in the medical assistant program, said, “I want to have a good GPA—I want to study harder!”

Game and application development (GAD) student Hannah McWhorter resolved to reach “Highest Honors” during her final two quarters of her program.

GAD student Dennis Plamann said that his goal for 2015 was to complete a published game.

“I set my goals day by day,” said GAD student Brandon Zimmerschied.

Galen Grieman, a student in the software application development (SAD) program said, “My resolution is to be a better student. [Last year] I kept getting Cs and not doing homework. I used to procrastinate. This year, I want to get things done better.”

Joe Kigin, a classmate of Galen’s said, “Galen and I had classes together last year. This year, we said ‘We’re not fooling around this quarter!’”

Business management student Taylor Smith said she resolves to not procrastinate this year: “I want to focus on not just being on time, but on being early to give myself adequate time to get prepared. I want to develop and work on time management. To accomplish that, I have three planners. I also like lists and make them each day along with a separate homework list. And just getting started on projects earlier in the week so that I can relax on Sundays and not stress out helps.”

Finally, SAD student Adam Gardner joked about his resolutions for 2015: “I have a 4.0— what else can I do?” Well played, Adam.

If you’d like to share any of your resolutions for 2015, leave them in the comments section.