On the Fly with Massage Therapy Student and Dean of Education

Posted by on December 12, 2014

Do you like working with people? Do you enjoy helping people feel healthier? Do you hear “you should do this for a living” after giving a back rub? This is the topic presented on a recent episode of On the Fly on My29 WFTC.

Kimberly Reed, massage therapy program student, and Maria Leonard, dean of education, were featured on an episode of On the Fly with Tony Fly and Kelsey Soby. Kimberly gave Tony a massage and discussed the massage therapy program and why she decided to become a massage therapist. Tony raved about the Thai Massage routine she performed and even said he wanted to come back and participate in our free massage clinics.

“It was a lot of fun working with the On the Fly team, Kimberly said. “Tony was really nice and easy to talk to. I am so grateful that I was chosen to participate in the filming. I am excited to graduate so I can start my massage therapy career.”

Tony and Maria discussed the degree and diploma programs and the amazing growth in the massage therapy and body work industry.

“We cannot graduate massage students fast enough to fill the available positions in the massage industry,” Maria said.

Currently, there is a need for thousands of qualified, school-educated massage therapists throughout the country.