New Business Owner Loves Helping Others Feel Their Best

Posted by on November 3, 2014

Anna Hershberger became a new business owner and massage therapist when she launched Inner Balance Massage, LLC, in July of this year, nearly three months before receiving her diploma in the massage therapy program at Minnesota School of Business-Rochester.

massage therapy graduate

Recent massage therapy graduate and new business owner, Anna Hershberger.

Anna’s path toward becoming a massage therapist and business owner started when she visited a chiropractor for the first time at age eleven. She was having really bad pain in her left knee caused by subluxations in her spine.

She underwent treatment for her knee pain for several years, and a couple years ago, started seeing a massage therapist twice a month in addition to her chiropractic appointments. She noticed immediately that the adjustments from the chiropractor lasted longer if she received a massage along with them.

“I started taking an interest in massage because I could tell that it made a difference for me,” Anna said.

In just over a year, Anna graduated with high honors and started her own business.

In talking about her experience at MSB, Anna enjoyed the small class sizes and forming a tight circle of friends, saying, “I got to know my instructors very well, as well as my fellow classmates. Stevie and Crystal were excellent instructors in the massage program.”

“I have always wanted to be my own boss,” Anna commented. “I was given the opportunity to have my own business the day I told my chiropractor I was going to school for massage therapy. He said he wanted me to come to his office and rent a room for my practice. I love the setting there, so it was pretty much a no-brainer for me to take the opportunity.”

At Inner Balance Massage, Anna offers many of the modalities she learned at MSB, including Swedish, deep tissue, myofascial release, sports and Thai massage.

“The most popular modality with my clients seems to be deep tissue,” Anna said. “It makes my day every time a client tells me that they feel so much better after the massage than they did before. This is why I’m excited about what I do. I love helping other people feel their best.”

She continued, “I truly care about my clients and I do my best to make sure every single one of them knows that. I try to really listen to their concerns so that I can give them the best care I can possibly give them. If you have never received a massage, I suggest you give it a try. It’s a wonderful experience and a great stress reliever.”