Student Spotlight: Kristen Vaughn

Posted by on October 28, 2014

Kristen Vaughn has been a Minnesota School of BusinessLakeville student since December of 2012. She is enrolled in the health care management bachelor’s program and is scheduled to graduate in 2017.

Here is a little bit more about our student spotlight!

health care management

Kristen Vaughn

Why did you choose your program of study?

I chose the health care management program because I have spent a portion of my life around a hospital setting. Being born premature and having spent the first four months of my life in the neonatal intensive care unit, I want to give back to other premature babies that need help. I am also considering working in a facility for the elderly.

What is the best part about going to school at Minnesota School of Business?

I enjoy Minnesota School of Business because the class sizes are small and I have my accommodations that I need. I also like that the classes you complete are based around your field of study.

What are your future career goals?

I would like to work as a patient care advocate. I really enjoy being around people; it is my passion.

Fun facts about you: Favorite movie? Favorite hobby or pastime?

I enjoy going to my cabin in Bigfork, MN with my family and listening to music, especially the Carter Family. I recently completed my service learning project for my health politics and policy at Bigfork Valley Hospital. I visited elderly residents that lived in the villas that are attached to the hospital. I enjoyed hearing their stories about what they thought of the facility, their views on health care and their stories about their personal experiences.

If you are interested in learning more about our health care management program please contact our director of admissions, Jennifer Pullin at jpullin@msbcollege.edu.