Written by Emma Steincross, academic coordinator
Welcome to the Fall 2014 Quarter! Isn’t fall a great time of year? Leaves changing colors and drifting off the trees, pumpkins in our decorations and our food, and a fresh start with some brand new courses. During this first week of the quarter, it’s important to stay on top of your schedules, be aware of upcoming assignments, and mapping out how the next 11 weeks will go.
The first week of a quarter is prime time for setting up a new organization routine.
- Maybe you’re a list-maker: draft a list of assignments or projects that you need to be aware of throughout the next few weeks.
- Maybe you like to go week-by-week: grab your student handbook and planner and make notes wherever necessary.
- It’s a brand new quarter, so you can shape your schedule however you want to!
A new quarter typically means new instructors, classmates and coursework.
- Make sure to introduce yourself
- Be fully present
- Participate when appropriate
- If you’re taking any online courses, make sure to contribute and submit work as much as possible; this will help count your attendance, as well as help you get the most out of your class.
- Attending class, both online and in-person, is crucial if you want to learn and succeed in each and every class.
There are endless resources, both on campus and online, if you need assistance with anything. Your Student LaunchPad on CampusConnect has tons of great information about online resources, financial aid, instructors, student services and more.
There are tutors available in the Resource Center (check the posted schedules) if you need help with studying, papers or assignments. Our library has paper and online resources for all of your research needs. If you’re not sure where to get the help that you need, don’t be afraid to ask your instructors or someone in the education department. We’re all here to help you succeed!
Enjoy this first week of the Fall quarter!