Student Spotlight: Stephanie Tricker Medical Assistant Student

Posted by on August 28, 2014

Stephanie Tricker is not only a student in the medical assistant program at Minnesota School of Business (MSB)-Lakeville but is also our newest student worker! Please welcome Stephanie as a member of the front desk team and learn a little more about her.

Stephanie Tricker

What made you choose MSB?

I chose MSB because I was tired of huge lecture halls where I could never get my questions answered and you were just a number. Every one of my teachers at MSB knows me by name and I am able to get one-on-one attention. The small, intimate classes are awesome! That is why I love MSB!

What interested you about the medical assistant program?

Ever since I was little I loved to help people when they were hurt or sick. You could say I am a caregiver and I absolutely enjoy every moment of it. When I was 16 years old, my grandpa was diagnosed with ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis). ALS is a deadly disease where it deteriorates the muscles and eventually you cannot move. My grandpa got to the point where he could only talk and somewhat move his hands. It was the most horrific sight seeing him fall over and over again. After he passed away, I realized that it is my calling/duty to serve others. I really want to help children or those affected by ALS.

What has been your favorite educational experience so far?

My favorite educational experience so far would have to be my patient care class with Jamie. Jamie is an amazing teacher and she has helped me so much. Patient care has been awesome because it is so hands-on. For instance, recently we got to practice ear irrigation, which was fun to do! I can’t wait to move into more advanced procedures such as administering shots and drawing blood.

What do you like most about being a student worker?

I have had a lot of experience with office work and have always enjoyed it because I feel that my skills are appropriate for the tasks at hand. I love working with the MSB staff because they are so helpful and fun to be around. I also enjoy being a student worker because it does not take me away from my studies. Getting a good GPA has always been a huge goal for me. I am able to help other students and faculty as well as work on homework so I can achieve my goals.

Fun Facts:

•  I love to travel. I have been to several different states and by far Hawaii has been the best. I have never traveled outside of the U.S but my dream is to travel to other countries.
  • I absolutely love kids! I have been a nanny/babysitter for many years, and I have enjoyed doing it since I was 12.
  • I love going up north to fish and camp.
  • When I get out of college, am stable and successful as a medical assistant, I want to get married and start my family with my wonderful boyfriend of over 2 years.
  • I want to go back at some point to receive my Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree.

programs-medical-assistant.jpg