Local Author and Former Instructor Stops by Blaine Campus for Book Signing

Posted by on August 14, 2014

Carolyn (Boehlke) Youngbauer was an instructor at Minnesota School of Business-Blaine for several years, teaching writing courses such as Composition and Creative Writing and leading the on campus writing center. Since leaving, she has published two books and decided to stop by MSB-Blaine to promote and sign her books and catch up with former colleagues.

On coming back to her old stomping grounds, Carolyn says, “It was great to be back at MSB-Blaine. I loved seeing former colleagues and talking with them about my books. It was such a wonderful reminder of my time working at MSB and how much I loved helping students succeed and become better writers. I hope to be back again soon.”

Carolyn (Boehlke) Youngbauer

This book signing is one of many Carolyn is doing over the course of the summer. She is traveling across Minnesota and Wisconsin to promote her books. The books are also available online through Amazon.

The following note is from Carolyn’s website: “Carolyn K. Boehlke has written stories since childhood, her passion for creative language taking her to St. Olaf College where she earned Bachelor’s degrees in English and Women’s Studies, and later a Master of Fine Arts degree in Creative Writing from Hamline University. A native of central Wisconsin, Carolyn now lives in Minneapolis with her husband and children. Chasing the Moon, her first novel, was published June 2013. Her second novel, Literaria, was released June 2014.”