Minnesota School of Business Graduate Going Places with Information Technology Degree

Posted by on August 12, 2014

Daniel Scribner with his son, who he says is the "center of his universe."

Daniel Scribner with his son, who he says is the “center of his universe.”

Daniel Scribner never really focused on his education because he had other priorities. In high school, he was an athlete, and at age 21, he became a father. Then one Friday in January of 2013, he went to the Minnesota School of Business-Blaine campus for a visit. By Monday, he was already starting classes in the Associate of Applied Science in Information Technology program.

“I was working for CenturyLink in the sales department but always wanted to work in IT, and I knew I had to get an education for it,” says Daniel.

He liked that Minnesota School of Business was in a convenient location and offered night classes to fit with his schedule. Daniel also appreciated that the instructors were experts in their fields and taught relevant information.

“The atmosphere was different than other colleges,” he says. “Everybody was there to get an education and network. It was almost like a job atmosphere because everyone knew what they wanted and were doing it.”

Daniel graduated from Minnesota School of Business in June 2014. He is still with CenturyLink working as an operations technician in network managed services.

”Now I can wake up every morning and be excited to go to work because I get to dabble in electronics all day,” he says.

With a college education and a job in his field, Daniel is also excited about his future, and he wants the same for his son.

“I’m able to tell my son I graduated college,” he says. “I want to go places now that I’m on a career path I enjoy.”

Visit the Minnesota School of Business information technology program page to learn more.