Faculty Spotlight: Momoh Dudu, Accounting and Business Program Chair

Momoh Dudu

Momoh Dudu joined the Minnesota School of Business-Brooklyn Center campus team earlier this year as the accounting and business program chair. We thought it was time to give him a proper introduction to our readers!

What is your educational background?

I hold a Bachelors of Arts (B.A.) degree in Business Management from Marymount Manhattan College, New York City, New York. I also hold a Masters of Business Administration (M.B.A.) degree with a concentration in finance from Saint John’s University in Queens, New York. At present, I am studying for a doctoral degree in Public Administration at Hamline University in St. Paul, Minnesota.

How long have you been with GEN? 

I have been with GEN since early 2012.

What jobs/roles have you had since being with GEN? 

Before assuming my current full-time role as the accounting and business program chair at the Brooklyn Center campus, I was an adjunct instructor of business and accounting at various GEN campuses including Plymouth, Lakeville, Elk River, St. Cloud and Blaine.

What is your favorite memory from work? 

Easy! It is from the CPR training session with superstar instructor Tracey Stoeckel. It was a lot of fun seeing everyone getting exhausted and experiencing sore fingers. Best of all, I now know if I ever choke on my lunch, CPR-certified “Big D” (Diana Igo, campus director) will be right there to save the day!

What do you like most about working at the Brooklyn Center campus? 

Just the infectious, cheerful atmosphere; it is such a warm, lively place to be!  Each person on this campus is so genuinely friendly and open; it beats my imagination. You can reach out to anyone here at any time and you will be listened to and helped. It is absolutely befitting that we are called “Best Campus.”

What do you like to do in your spare time?

I read and write quite a bit. In fact, I recently completed the manuscript of a memoir recounting my time as a civil war refugee in the Republics of Sierra Leone and Guinea and my eventual journey to the shores of America. The manuscript is presently in the hands of a good friend of mine who works in the publishing industry; he’s giving it a thorough look-over to advise me on the way forward as far as publishing opportunity is concerned.

programs-accounting

Do you have any guilty pleasures? 

I definitely cannot survive without my daily dose of “Sports Center” no matter how late I get home each night.

What is your favorite band? 

Penny Penny—from South Africa

What is your favorite movie? 

Darrell Roodt’s “Cry, the Beloved Country”

Do you have a favorite food? 

Boiled rice with potato greens. of course! I’m Liberian!

What quote do you enjoy? 

“It isn’t a calamity to die with dreams unfulfilled, but it is a calamity not to dream.” ~ Benjamin E. Mays

Thank you to Momoh for sharing these tidbits. We have thoroughly enjoyed having him as a part of our campus team!