Health Care Management Student Secures Job Before Graduating

It does not take long after meeting Jennifer Henslin to learn that she loves to meet new people and make lifelong friends. Jennifer is married with two children who are 4 years and 8 months old. She has been working in health care for 14 years and “always had compassion for people and giving them a high quality of life no matter the circumstances.”

Healthcare Management Degree Program

Jennifer Henslin graduated with a degree in healthcare management from the Minnesota School of Business-Rochester in June 2014. Before graduation she had accepted a position as orientation supervisor for Comfort Health.

Jennifer made a decision that she wanted to give her family a better life and advance her knowledge in health care management. She had always been in patient care and wanted to learn more about the business side of health care. So, in April of 2011 she started her Bachelor’s of Science degree in Health Care Management at the Minnesota School of Business–Rochester campus.

She selected Minnesota School of Business because it provided the flexibility for her busy schedule as working parent and a convenient location in Rochester, Minnesota. The reasons for her decision proved to be wise. Jennifer noted, “The most challenging aspect of the transition was getting organized and staying organized. I had to live by my ‘turquoise bible’ which is what I called my calendar. I colored coded things to keep track of important due dates so that I didn’t miss anything.”

Jennifer was able to accept a position as an orientation supervisor with Comfort Health before her spring 2014 graduation. Jennifer shared, “I love to teach! I also love to learn! I think you can do both at the same time. I want to give newcomers to the health care field my knowledge and experience so they can have a successful career.”

Jennifer credits Miranda Kulis, director of career services for MSB-Rochester, for assistance in finding the position with Comfort Health. She noted, “Miranda made it easy. She would send me leads, and I started applying for the positions. In addition, she assisted in reviewing my cover letter and resume.”

“I enjoyed my overall experience here at MSB-Rochester. All of the instructors are caring and understanding when it comes to older students that are working, have families, and are trying to succeed in getting an education,” Jennifer said. “I enjoyed all the classes. I’m ready to start my career in health care management!”