Military Student Spotlight: Danielle Schrupp

Business administration student Danielle Schrupp embraces her brother after he returned from being deployed.

Once a month, we like to feature a military student on our blogs and share with you what has led them to this point in their lives, and how they are managing a busy military schedule coupled with attending Online classes.

This month, our military spotlight is featuring Danielle Schrupp. So, we took some time to get to know Danielle by asking her a few questions about why she chose to attend Minnesota School of Business-Online and where she envisions herself post college graduation.

What branch of the military are you in? What’s your current rank?

I am currently serving in the Army Reserves, and I have been in for three years.  I am a specialist (E-4), and I am stationed at Arden Hills, Minnesota. I have never been deployed, but if I were to deploy, it would be a stateside deployment as we work with decontamination. For instance, if there was a big oil spill, we would be called to go decontaminate the people it affected.

Who or what inspired you to pursue a college degree?

I just love learning, so that is why I decided to continue my education.

Can you think of a specific class or skill you’ve been able to apply outside the classroom?

I’m in the business administration program so, I think that professional communications I and II have been the most effective in my life outside of school.

What are some ways you balance your time between your military duties and your education? Any special tips for other active duty service members?

Sometimes, I get very stressed with school and the Army. For instance, this week I have to finish up two weeks of schoolwork because I leave on Sunday for nine days of training.

A tip I have is that I usually write down everything I need to get done (like a checklist) and just try every chance I get to work on it.

Where do you see yourself in five years?

In five years, I see myself with a family, a great job, and still in the Army.