Alumni Spotlight: Paralegal Program Graduate Jennifer Brizius

Jennifer Brizius is a recent Minnesota School of Business-Lakeville (MSB) graduate who received her associate in applied science degree in paralegal. She graduated with highest honors and was selected to represent the Lakeville campus as their student speaker. See what Jennifer had to say about her time at college.

Jennifer Brizius

What made you choose MSB?

I chose MSB because the admissions staff was so friendly and helpful. I really liked that the classes were going to be small and that practicing attorneys and paralegals would be teaching the courses. I thought this method would not only help me to learn as much as I can, but to network with people that would be good for my career. In addition, I chose MSB because I was able to take a combination of online and residential classes, so it fit with my work and family schedule.

What made you select the paralegal program?

I had been chosen for jury duty and almost sat on a trial (but it was settled before we heard the case), and I found the entire legal process fascinating. I decided that I wanted to be a part of that process, and I thought my previous experience working in an office would complement a paralegal degree nicely.

What has been your most memorable educational experience?

Far and away the most memorable educational experience was speaking at graduation. I really did not know I had it in me and still look back in awe that I was not only asked, but that I pulled it off. It felt like the perfect crowning moment to my education.

What advice would you give to prospective students?

I would tell prospective students that your education is what you make of it. Take full advantage of every opportunity to learn and to be an active member of the program you’re in. The instructors at MSB are so knowledgeable about their fields and can be a great resource for information and to help you succeed in your education and career.

Brizius speaking at graduation

What are you looking forward to after graduation?

I am looking forward to reading something other than a textbook and being with my family a whole lot more. There is a sense of relief, freedom and satisfaction that comes with receiving a degree and for now, I am happy to just be the best mom, employee and friend I can be instead of focusing so much on being the best student I could be.