Information Technology Student Works Hard to Make Dreams a Reality

Posted by on June 24, 2014

As a high school student, Michael Rooney took rigorous, college-level courses. After high school, he knew he wanted to pursue a specialized career path, so he chose Minnesota School of Business (MSB) because he says the information technology program was suited to his interests. Michael is now earning his degree at the Brooklyn Center campus and says the program has provided him with abundant knowledge about the field.

“The program allows me to study a broad spectrum of all the IT fields regarding database, network, PC repair and programming,” he says. “One thing that I like best about this program is that I am able to do lab simulations for my online classes, so it’s like I’m still getting hands­on experience.”

Along with flexibility, Michael appreciates that he was able to transfer his advanced high school credits in to MSB. He also says the instructors are willing to help with anything he needs, ensuring he achieves what he wants to do.

“I’m a determined worker and learner who will do everything I can to make my dreams a reality,” says Michael. “I know that my passion and ideas will help others in the future and that I can make an impact on people’s lives, no matter how big or small that impact is.”

Michael’s dreams include using his IT education to break into a career in entertainment.

“I’m highly passionate about the video game industry and the music industry. I know that my degree in IT will serve as a steppingstone for me to pursue my dream career working in either industries,” he says.

Above all, Michael recognizes that his education from MSB is the key to his future success.

“No matter what the future may hold for me, I have faith that my IT degree will help me reach my goals while my family and my girlfriend continue to support me,” says Michael.

Visit the Minnesota School of Business information technology program page to learn more.