Congratulations Spring Graduates!

Posted by on June 24, 2014

What a happy day!

Students, staff and faculty from Minnesota School of Business-Blaine celebrated spring 2014 graduates in a lovely ceremony. Joy and love filled the room at National Sports Center in Blaine as the nearly 50 graduates crossed the stage, accepting their diplomas.

David Coppage and Rachael Potts both graduated with an Associate in Applied Science degree in Veterinary Technology

Graduation day is such a wonderful day filled with cheerful words and smiles. As I was walking through the reception area after the ceremony, I couldn’t help but notice the tears of joy flowing from the faces of graduates, faculty, parents and kids. This ceremony, more than any other I’ve attended, seemed to be so filled with emotion. It was truly amazing, and I am thankful that I was able to witness it.

One of the graduation speakers talked about how your education is something no one can take away from you. That’s true, isn’t it? You will always have your credentials, no matter what.

I bet there will be some people who will read this post who maybe haven’t yet finished the degree they set out to. They may have dropped out of school due to financial constraints, family commitments, a demanding work schedule, or any number of reasons. If this graduation ceremony showed me anything, it’s that there is a very special sense of accomplishment and pride that comes with walking across a graduation stage. Different than any other, it’s the sense of completion, after many months of hard work, which fills a person with that accomplishment and pride because he/she did it. It’s over…a very clear end to so much studying, many sleepless nights, and, perhaps, neglecting other parts of your life. How many other life events have a similar feeling? Not many. Not like your college graduation.

Tawnya Matheson and Camille Tobin both graduated with an Associate in Applied Science degree in Massage Therapy

I feel motivated to urge you to complete your degree, if you dropped out or just stopped attending classes. Whatever the reason was, leave it behind, and find a way to finish. You deserve to feel the way our spring graduates felt. You deserve to feel accomplished, proud, and happy. Finish what you started and give us a call at 763-225-8000. We are so excited to help you!