Alumni Spotlight: Amber Jorgensen

Posted by on June 20, 2014

Do what you love. Not everyone is fortunate enough to live those words. Amber Jorgensen, Minnesota School of Business-Blaine alum, uses these words in her definition of success. Amber graduated from MSB-Blaine with a bachelor’s degree in business management, with an emphasis in hospitality management. She now works as an accounts manager for The Courtyards of Andover event center, which is where she completed her internship. Amber was kind enough to talk with us about her educational experience…check out our conversation below.

Minnesota School of Business-Blaine graduate Amber Jorgensen

Why did you decide to attend MSB?

MSB offered the hospitality emphasis that I was looking for, and it felt like the right place to be the first time I stepped foot into the school.

What inspired you to choose your program?

I enjoy working with people, and I enjoy doing a variety of tasks every day, rather than the same exact thing.

What was your childhood dream job?

My childhood dream job was to be a pediatrician.

What is your dream job now?

My dream job now is to operate my own facility.

What is your current position?

My current position is accounts manager. I started as marketing coordinator, then added small event specialist to my title, and have since become accounts manager.

How do you define success?

Success to me is being able to do what you love. It isn’t about making the most money, or beating everyone to the top. Success is challenging yourself to get to the lengths you want to reach, and enjoying it the entire way.

What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?

I enjoy spending time with my boyfriend, friends and family, and traveling whenever possible.

What motivates you?

My drive to succeed so that I can get to the place in life where I want to be is what motivates me.

What is the best advice you’ve been given?

Keep going, because it will all be worth it in the end.

What advice would you give to current students at MSB?

Hard work does pay off.

Anything else you would like to add?

The staff at MSB-Blaine is wonderful. They are incredibly helpful; you just need to take the time to get to know them so that you can build a relationship with them. Make use of the services that they offer. After all, the staff at MSB is what led me to my internship, which has turned into a full-time job. Special thanks to Dave Erickson and Melissa Young!