Paralegal Alumna Thanks Minnesota School of Business for Her Achievements

Posted by on June 10, 2014

Kelly Derby earned her bachelor’s degree in paralegal from the Minnesota School of Business (MSB)-Rochester campus, but before she even graduated, she was hired by Ryan and Grinde, Ltd. Kelly currently works at the firm as a paralegal in the area of family law and says she owes her success to Minnesota School of Business.

“Minnesota School of Business laid the foundation for me to succeed in my field,” she says. “The class sizes were small to encourage open discussion and thorough understanding. The instructors bring real­world experience so that students are taught the information we need when we obtain a job.”

Kelly had previously earned an associate degree in liberal arts from a local community college and was able to transfer all her credits to MSB, allowing her more time to focus on her core paralegal classes. She also says the scholarship opportunities and tuition cap at MSB made her education more affordable.

“For students who are serious about a career-focused education, I tell everyone who will listen that Minnesota School of Business offers the best education and support for your money,” says Kelly.

In addition to the support she received while she was a student, Kelly says she still feels connected to her campus community.

“The personal attention I received from beginning to end has been unparalleled,” she says. “I still stay in contact with many of my classmates and administrators, and I feel as though they are genuinely supporting my success.”

Kelly’s experience at MSB has helped her reach her goals and arrive at a place where she is happy with her life.

“For 20 years I have been trying to find a way to spend more time with the people I love, to help the community I care about and to find a job I love,” Kelly says. “I have finally found that perfect fit for me, and I can now enjoy all those things.”

Visit the Minnesota School of Business paralegal program page to learn more.