Each year our campuses partner up to welcome members of the community and our students to join us, and 19 of our favorite employers, for an intimate networking and career extravaganza. This year, the employers who will be joining us are:
Fairview Health Services
United Credit Consultants
InHome Personal Care
Orman Guidance Research
Analysts International Corporation
So, why attend a career fair? What are the benefits to you as a student or professional?
Well, I had a chance to ask two of the experts from our Online Career Services team, Lesley and Denise. And, they came up with five reasons you should mark your calendars for May 15th.
Why Attend A Career Fair?
- Make a personal connection with a representative from a company and hear firsthand about the organization. This personal connection will make your follow-up easier and help you to stand out as a candidate. They often will share about the interview/hiring processes and training schedules.
- You are able to ask questions and get real-time answers (i.e. what is the team culture like, what is important to the role, etc.)
- Effective use of your time—you are able to meet several organizations in a short amount of time. Additionally, you are able to research the organizations ahead of time so you can strategize and plan how you want to present yourself to them.
- The workshops that are held before and during the fair help prepare you to confidently approach organizations.
- Meet your Online Career Services team!
Location: Minnesota School of Business-Richfield (click for Google maps directions)
1401 West 76th St.
Richfield, MN 55423
Time: 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Room: 2nd floor Student Commons Area
– LinkedIn Photo Booth
– Resume Review
– Perfecting Your Networking Pitch