Accounting Student Lands Job with Local MPLS Restaurant Management Company

Posted by on April 21, 2014

Congrats to Online student Jacki on her recent employment with a restaurant management company in the Twin Cities!

“I got an accounting job already!” Jacki announced to her admissions representative Drey Bentjen. These are the words every student hopes to say upon completion of their degree. However, what makes Jacki’s situation unique is that she’s still in school!

Jacki, a full-time forensic accounting student at Minnesota School of Business-Online, has already managed to land a position with a major restaurant management company in the Twin Cities, and she says she couldn’t be happier about it.

Jacki says she was first offered the position during her first quarter at MSB-Online. “I was hired to be the accountant for the out-of-state locations and Rochester. For now, this is three locations, and the first of the three just opened the doors for business on Monday! The other two locations are in the process of opening,” said Jacki.

Jacki also says she was able to provide some helpful insights for her new employer, thanks to the recent Educational User Experience initiative that introduced the iPad® into the classroom. Jacki said, “I work closely with the CFO, and we are working out a system that enables us to get the documents and information we need without physically going to the location. I mentioned the Docuscan App, and it is a possibility we are looking into.”

“We are also learning a lot about the different state taxes—I say this because my boss has never owned a restaurant outside of Minnesota, so she is learning as well. I also got to sit in a meeting with an accounting firm because my boss is having our 2013 books audited. Once they begin, I will get to work with them and watch them. It is going to be an amazing learning experience!” said Jacki.

All-in-all, Jacki said, “I am so glad I started at MSB and couldn’t be happier with my chosen field!” And, I think it’s safe to say on behalf of everyone here at MSB-Online, we couldn’t be any happier or prouder of you, Jacki! Way to go!