Software Application Development Program is Perfect Fit for Army Veteran

Posted by on March 4, 2014

Douglas Ahlman first became interested in Minnesota School of Business (MSB) while he was stationed overseas with the U.S. Army. He is now pursuing his bachelor’s degree in the software application development program at the Lakeville campus, and he knew MSB was the perfect fit for him from the beginning.

“When I was corresponding with admissions from abroad, they were very friendly, attentive and responsive to my concerns and needs about returning to college after my retirement from the military,” Doug says.

Doug loves computers, and says that his educational experience at MSB is specialized for what he is interested in learning and what he wants to do.

“Software application development is exactly what the name implies—creating software,” he says. “I had never done any sort of programming before attending college, and now I have a working knowledge of at least five different programming languages in just over 18 months at the school.”

Doug says he thinks his instructors’ real-world experience only makes his education better. He also says they are all knowledgeable, friendly and helpful.

“Of the instructors I have had the privilege to study under, they have been fantastic. Each has the motivation to teach students, the drive to make their students succeed and the desire to see their students fulfill all their goals in life—inside school and out.”

programs-Software Application Development