Business Administration Student Finds Balance Between School and Being a Mom

Posted by on February 25, 2014

Crystal Doffing strives to be a good role model for her daughter, and she feels that Minnesota School of Business (MSB) has allowed her to do that. She is studying business administration at the St. Cloud campus, and she says MSB has given her the opportunity to attend school while raising her daughter, something that is very important to her.

“I think being a single parent is tough in itself. Minnesota School of Business has made everything work around being a mom,” says Crystal.

The school’s schedule options and flexibility are essential for Crystal’s lifestyle. She also appreciates the atmosphere, which she says is always positive and inviting.

“I love the small class sizes. I love being able to talk one-on-one with my instructors,” Crystal says. “I like that when I have a question I can ask my instructors, and they have hands-on experience in the field. They are genuine and truly want you to succeed.”

Crystal also enjoys the career-focused curriculum at MSB.

“Minnesota School of Business focuses on my career choice—my path,” Crystal says.

When it comes to the Educational User Experience, Crystal finds the iPad® very helpful and says it makes her educational experience easier.

“It is so much better then carrying a ton of books. Everything is at the touch of a button and there are apps for pretty much anything you could possibly need,” she says.

Overall, Crystal feels that her experience at Minnesota School of Business has been beneficial for her, as well as her daughter.

“This is a place where you can not only get an education, but where friendships are made and networks begin. It can take you just about anywhere in life,” Crystal says. “It’s given me the opportunity to set a good example for my daughter. I would tell her to come to this school.”