Criminal Justice Student Seeks a Better Path

Posted by on February 11, 2014

At Minnesota School of Business-Brooklyn Center campus, we enjoy taking the opportunity to highlight students each quarter who go above and beyond in the classroom setting. This quarter, one of the two students being highlighted is Sieara Washington. Washington is scheduled to graduate in Fall 2015 with an Associate in Applied Science in Criminal Justice.

Criminal justice program student, Sieara Washington

Michelle Rivard, AVID liaison and faculty member, had the following to say about Washington: “Sieara is a very hard-working student who is motivated to accomplish her goals. She is a principled individual and will do well in her career.”

As student of the quarter, Washington’s picture is hanging near the student lounge with a short write-up.  Here is what she had to say:

Why did you choose Minnesota School of Business-Brooklyn Center (MSB-BC)?

I chose MSB-BC because I noticed the ads when I was watching television. I needed to go to school to make life better for my son and myself. MSB-BC also works with my schedule.

What is your favorite thing about attending class at MSB-BC?

Everyone is really friendly here. I also like how the classes are taught by people in their respective fields.

What are your post-graduation plans/goals?

I want to be a juvenile probation officer. I feel that a lot of people do it for the money or to make time go by. I want to change a person’s life, though, and get him/her on the right path.

What are you involved with outside of school?

Other than work and school, I spend the rest of my time raising my son. I also enjoy writing poetry and watching movies.

If you could go on a vacation anywhere in the world, where would you choose and why?

If I could go anywhere in the world on vacation, I would choose to go back to Germany because there is a lot of history there. I have been there before during my military tour, and I really enjoyed the culture and scenery.

We wish Sieara the best as she works to finish her criminal justice degree!