Veterinary Technology Student Says Life is Too Short to Not Pursue Your Passions

Posted by on February 4, 2014

Darcie Bauer was a hair stylist for over a decade when a loved one suddenly got sick and passed away. That experience made her realize that her lifelong passion for animals was something she wanted to pursue, and she decided to begin her education in Veterinary Technology at the Minnesota School of Business – Lakeville campus.

“I thought, life was too short, and this was something I’ve always wanted to do,” Darcie says on making a career change while in her 30s. “I was at a place in my life where I was ready to move forward.”

Darcie says the best thing about attending Minnesota School of Business is how much the instructors truly care and how they are always pushing her to do her best.

“Everyone cares about you and your education. I feel comfortable every time I go to school,” says Darcie. She also enjoys the interactive and challenging nature of the Vet Tech program.

“My favorite thing about the program is that it is immediately hands-on with the animals. There’s always something to do,” says Darcie. “I love exploring the world of science. Every aspect of my learning experience with the animals blows my mind every day. At the end of the day I can feel my brain hurt because of how hard it has worked.”

Visit the Minnesota School of Business Veterinary Technology program page to learn more.