The recruiting event will run from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Minnesota School of Business-Brooklyn Center, located at 5910 Shingle Creek Parkway, Brooklyn Center, MN.
EPG Security Group has been contracted to provide security services for Red Bull Crashed Ice, an annual event that features skaters racing down a steep ice canal. It will be held at the Cathedral of St. Paul later this month.
The positions for which EPG Security is hiring will initially be seasonal. The company is seeking people with previous security or military experience, are going to school for criminal justice or law enforcement, or have other attributes that fit the job duties.
Security work at the Red Bull Crashed Ice event includes:
- Working a designated post before, during and after the events
- Monitoring the crowd for risks or over-intoxication
- Checking IDs and distributing wristbands
- Maintaining security checkpoints
- Protecting athletes
- Coordinating with emergency personnel
- General crowd control
More than 100,000 people are expected to attend the 2014 Red Bull Crashed Ice event in St. Paul.
To be considered, applicants must:
- Have reliable transportation
- Have the ability to take direction
- Possess good communication skills
- Have a willingness to work outdoors for extended periods of time, in any weather
- Have a positive attitude
- Be available Feb. 21-22, 2014
- Be able to pass a federal criminal background check
EPG Security Group officials will be on hand at Minnesota School of Business-Brooklyn Center for interviews from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 4. Those who cannot attend can contact the company’s hiring department at email@example.com or 612-760-5647.
“For nearly 30 years, the Upper Midwest has had limited choices for security companies that could handle large-scale events and festivals,” Erik Bergling, CEO of EPG Security Group, said in a release. “With EPG’s strong and steady growth over the past few years, we are now well positioned to provide a new option for event and festival producers: A security firm that handles large, complex events with the same professional, holistic approach we have always brought to our clients, with agents who are hired as much for their customer-oriented, tactful style as for their training and skills.”
For more information about EPG Security Group, visit its website.