New Year, New Instructor: Meet Heidi Nerud

Posted by on January 3, 2014

minnesota school of business

MSB-Online’s newest addition to the faculty team,           Heidi Nerud.

Heidi Nerud is no rookie when it comes to teaching college courses at Minnesota School of Business. She is however, new to the Online campus, so we thought we’d take a moment to introduce her to all of our students.

Heidi originally comes to us from the Minnesota School of Business-St.Cloud where she started teaching for the organization in 2008. Heidi has taught classes such as Environmental Issues, Global Citizenship and Biology for MSB-St. Cloud.

Heidi’s extensive background in education started about 14 years ago when she began teaching science. Science has always been a passion of Heidi’s as she majored in biology and chemistry during her undergraduate work and then went on to earn a Master’s in Science Education with an Earth Science/Biology emphasis.

When asked about her favorite part of teaching, Heidi responded, “Although I enjoy teaching science my favorite part of teaching is the students. When I entered the online world, I was concerned about the level of student interaction. These concerns were unfounded, and I have developed relationships with many of my students and keep in touch with some of them through social media. I am excited to build relationships with MSB-Online students as well!!”

When Heidi is not busy teaching, she is a self-described “science geek”. She says, “I have many stereotypical, ‘science geek’ hobbies such as hiking, astronomy, rock collecting, playing games and bird-watching. However, I also enjoy running, canoeing, and weight-lifting. In the winter time I like to crochet and watch movies.” Heidi also has a husband and three young children that join her in these hobbies.

On what she has in store for her future, Heidi said: “My future career goals are to keep teaching and to expand my skills to developing software and apps for science.  More recently, I have been learning to develop apps and software through the software development program at MSB. I take every opportunity I can to develop curriculum.”

programs-Software Application Development

If you’d like to learn more about the Minnesota School of Business-Online, please visit us on the web at: www.msbcollege.edu.