Meet Holly Weberg, Plymouth’s Financial Aid Manager

Posted by on December 9, 2013

The Minnesota School of Business-Plymouth  (MSB) campus would like to welcome Holly Weberg, the new financial aid manager. Holly received a bachelor’s degree in business management from the MSB-Shakopee campus and began working at our Minneapolis campus in 2012. She joined the MSB-Plymouth team this past September and has proved to be a wonderful addition. We thought you’d enjoy learning more about her.

Holly Weberg, MSB-Plymouth’s new financial aid manager

What do you enjoy most about working in financial aid?

Helping student understand that their dream of a higher education is achievable. I like helping students understand how financial aid can work for them. Financial Aid is a confusing topic in and of itself, so I do my best to help it all make sense.

What is your favorite holiday movie?

My favorite holiday move is The Grinch with Jim Carrey. I can pretty much quote every line!

What do you enjoying doing in your free time?

I like to do fundraisers for different causes. The most recent one we did was the Crawl 4 the Cure. This is an off-roading event in Gilbert, MN for the Multiple Sclerosis Upper Midwest Chapter. We have done it three years in a row and are planning our fourth this July. I also like to do the Mother’s Day Susan G. Koman Breast Cancer walk at the Mall of America. I plan on doing the Alzheimer’s Walk in the near future.

As an MSB Grad, what advice would you give our students?

When I was in school, I did my best to take over 16 credits per quarter to capitalize on the tuition benefits. I went to school two days a week and worked the other days of the week and every other weekend. The days I was on campus were marathon days. I started at 8:00 in the morning with class. Afterward I would stay on campus to complete any online homework and then attended classes that evening. I spent most of my time in the resource center with the tutors. After a few quarters under my belt, I became a tutor and got paid to complete my homework when I wasn’t working with students. I saved a lot of money because I was able to work and go to school. I paid down student loans while I was in school to owe less in the end. My final quarter, I took 21 credits and graduated sooner than expected! It felt great to finally be done and ready to move on into my career.

My advice is that it can be done; you just have to have the drive to achieve it! Borrow only what you need in student loans to cover your direct school costs. Pay down what you can and you will be thanking yourself every day after graduation for being proactive about student loan amounts while you were in school.

Make sure you stop in to say “hi” to Holly when you get a chance. She is available to answer any questions you may have about your financial aid or student account status.