Three Plymouth Students Win TwinWest Career Path Scholarship

Posted by on October 3, 2013

Every year, the TwinWest Chamber of Commerce awards thousands of dollars to working adults to advance their careers, continue their education, and strengthen their workforce and leadership skills.

For the second straight year, three Minnesota School of Business-Plymouth students received that well-deserved recognition.

massage therapy

Robyn Januszewski speaks at MSB-Plymouth’s summer quarter graduation ceremony.

Robyn Januszewski, Jill McCoy and Theresa Salzwedel were all awarded $1,000 scholarships at the Chamber’s annual celebration at the Golden Valley Country Club in Golden Valley, Minn.

Januszewski graduated on Sept. 27 with a degree in massage therapy. She recently finished her externship at a sports injury and rehabilitation center that served as the official rehabilitation center for all of Chicago’s major professional sports teams. She spent her days helping people recover from debilitating injuries and surgeries, and with the help of the scholarship, she will be able to continue to do that.

“I got to see the power of massage and how it heals the body,” she said. “My days were both exhilarating and exhausting.”

Salzwedel, a health fitness specialist student, has already held many roles in the fitness world. She has been a group fitness instructor and volunteered her health expertise to start wellness programs at her local church, and will use her scholarship to further that mission of helping people reach their full potential.

“This scholarship means the world to me,” she said. “This accomplishment makes me feel like my hard work is paying off, and I will be able to achieve a lot more.”

McCoy has diligently worked toward her associate degree in veterinary technology for the last two years, balancing work and school while pursuing her dream career.

veterinary technology

Jill McCoy (third from left, front row) poses with the other TwinWest Career Path scholarship winners.

“I’m very honored to have been selected for the scholarship,” McCoy said. “It’s a very humbling experience and will be something I will treasure for the rest of my life.”

The three each earned $1,000 from the Chamber’s foundation, the nonprofit arm of TwinWest. More than $1 million in scholarships have been awarded since its inception in 1982.