Why Is This Paralegal Student So Happy?

Posted by on September 27, 2013

The end goal for students at Minnesota School of Business is to land a job that will begin a successful career in their field of study. For Jessica Ostrowski, paralegal degree program student at Minnesota School of Business-Shakopee, that goal was met before she even had her diploma in hand. Ostrowski is set to graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree and has already begun her career by working with Bye, Goff and Rohde, Ltd.

paralegal program degree

Jessica Ostrowski, paralegal student, is set to graduate this week and already landed a job as a legal assistant.

Ostrowski started her job earlier this month and has already put the skills she learned at Minnesota School of Business to work. As a legal assistant, Jessica works on a variety of tasks including client services, file management, and word processing.

“The skills I have learned in classes are a necessary requirement for doing my job,” Ostrowski said. “The most important skills that I have learned are attention to detail, grammar and punctuation, Westlaw, case research, and summarizing important information.”

In addition to the skills she learned, Ostrowski explained how grateful she is for the hands-on training she received while in classes.

“Minnesota School of Business was a key player in giving me hands-on training on traits that are applicable to the area,” she said. “It gave me confidence in my life and showed me that hard work, paid or unpaid, always pays off. Career services is right when they say, ‘Volunteering is the best way to make connections and to boost up a resume.’ Though I work full-time, I still volunteer for a local non-profit legal aid organization on a regular basis.”

The staff and faculty at Minnesota School of Business-Shakopee couldn’t be happier for Ostrowski. It is always gratifying to hear of the success our students find.

“I am most excited about the opportunity to show the right firm my dedication and ethical beliefs, both personal and professional. The most enjoyable aspect of my position is that I have the ability to be myself and do the one thing that makes me completely happy and content,” Ostrowski said.