Criminal Justice Student is ‘Resplendent Leader’ in the Classroom

Posted by on August 21, 2013

Taylor Gause

Minnesota School of Business-Brooklyn Center campus would like to introduce Taylor Gause, one of our students of the quarter.

Ryan Samuelson, criminal justice program chair, had the following to say about his student:

“Taylor is in the second year of her Associate in Applied Science degree, and she plans to graduate in March 2014. Taylor is a resplendent leader in the classroom. She always shows up to class prepared to cover the breadth of class content and contributes to discussion by detailing news stories and articles she found outside of class.  She works hard to stay focused on her studies even though her boyfriend is a Marine who’s stationed half way across the country in Beaufort, S.C.

“When Taylor is not working or studying she enjoys spending her free time drawing.  Her favorite inspiration tends to be wolves. She recently just adopted a wolf and will travel to Ely, Minn., to meet him for the first time this weekend.”

As student of the quarter, Taylor’s picture is hanging near the student lounge with a short write-up.  Here is what she had to say:

Why did you choose Minnesota School of Business-Brooklyn Center?  I chose MSB-BC because it had a good location and the degree I wanted. I also like the flexibility I’m given to choose times and classes.

What is your favorite thing about attending and going to class at MSB-Brooklyn Center?  I like the small class sizes and the teachers make it fun to be in class. It’s not one of those things where you dread going.  I actually get happy when I’m getting ready to go to class.

What are your post-graduation plans/goals?  After graduation, I’d like to get into something involving corrections or work with juveniles.

What are you involved with away from school?  Away from school I spend my time doing homework, and I work part-time. My boyfriend is also currently in the U.S. Marine Corps, so between homework, working, and class time, I try to plan trips to visit him.

If you could go on a vacation anywhere in the world, where would you choose and why?  If I could go anywhere in the world on vacation, I think I would want to go to Sydney, Australia.  I don’t have an exact reason as to why I want to go there; I just feel it would be a lot of fun.

We all wish Taylor the best of luck as she finishes up her last quarters in school!