Making Movies Part 2: ‘Resolution’ Has Arrived

Posted by on August 16, 2013

The New Year’s Eve office party had paused.  People stood quietly with drinks in hand.  The party was about to jump to life again.  Balloons and streamers were everywhere.

“Wait!  Stop! Everyone behind the camera is visible in a balloon’s reflection.  Everyone behind the camera is going to have to move,” Jamieson Copeland, director of photography, called out. 

That was a candid moment during one wild weekend of filmmaking.  As blogged about earlier, a Minnesota School of Business-Richfield team produced the short film “Resolution” over one weekend recently as part of the 48 Hour Film Project. More than 25 Minnesota School of Business Digital Video and Media Production program (DV) students, alumni, staff and faculty participated in the creating the film.

At long last, you can watch the film, Resolution:

Though the team didn’t take home the big prize, they learned a lot and had a ton of fun while doing so. Here’s what the team had to say about their experience:

“I’m really proud of the team. I could not be more proud of our crew on Saturday.” —Alicia Cole, Executive Producer and Director

“I realized how many people I knew and who was willing to help.  Our crew was phenomenal!” —Kerri Kleinschmidt, Producer

“It was an honor to have my script chosen and I couldn’t have asked for a better crew to bring it to life.” —Ryan Blegen, Writer

“It was a great experience meeting new people and working with fellow classmates I had never worked with before.” —Pat Acciani, 1st Assistant Director

digital video media production program“Definitely a learning experience. You learn where your strengths and weaknesses are because of the limited time.” —Jamieson Copeland, Director of Photography

“It was a fun experience. I was able to use it for my résumé. I’m planning to do it again.” —Eric Chan, Key Grip

“It was a great experience.  I enjoyed it, but my leg said otherwise.” —Chris Braun, Grip

Many thanks to all students who participated in this project:

Alicia Cole
Cassie Olson
Chris Braun
Eric Chan
James Curry
Jamieson Copeland
Jonathan “jono” Patridge
Keith McGregor
Kerri Kleinschmidt
Mariah Benda
Marshall Johnson
Matt Prazak
Michael Sanders
Mitch Ohm
Pat Acciani
Robin Bakke
Ryan Blegen
Teresa Hamilton
Travis Cross

Thanks to guest blogger, Jonathan “Jono” Patridge, digital video student and Assistant Producer of the film.