Need Another Reason to Check Out Our Nursing Program? Meet Karen Miller

Meet Karen Miller, Minnesota School of Business-Richfield’s (MSB) Nursing Program Admissions Representative, otherwise known as Staff of the Quarter. I don’t think there’s a quarter that goes by that Karen doesn’t get nominated for Staff of the Quarter – which speaks volumes about her dedication, hard work, and overall likability. Karen’s been part of the MSB organization for just about eight years. She has an education degree in speech and theater, and owned and operated her own business for several years prior to coming to MSB. She went into advertising sales and retired as assistant publisher for a group of newspapers before she came to us here at MSB.

nursing program“I wanted to put my people skills and my love of education to good use,” Karen said. “Being an admissions representative at MSB has fulfilled both these goals,” Karen said.

Here’s what else Karen has to say:

How did you feel when you learned you had been named Staff of the Quarter?

It is an honor to know that peers respect your work. I work with so many dedicated people that it’s humbling, but gratifying, to be given this recognition.

What do you most enjoy about working at MSB?

I enjoy working with the students. To help them through the enrollment process and see them graduate makes all the craziness worthwhile.

What’s your favorite thing to do in your free time?

Fly off to Mexico or New York or Chicago. I like to travel and when I’m not traveling I like to plan my next trip!

Here’s what people on campus have to say about Karen:

“Karen goes above and beyond for her students. She is always available to them for questions or concerns they may have. She definitely shows the ‘We Care’ attitude in whatever she is doing. Karen is a great person to work with as well. She is always right there to pitch in and help no matter what. She is a mentor to all and cares about her students and their success. Karen is an all-around super star. She comes in early and leaves late. She is very dedicated to her students. Richfield is lucky to have such a great person on staff.”

“Karen takes every opportunity to talk to everyone on campus. She is a big supporter of the student groups on campus. Karen makes sure to help anyone in any way that she can. She tries to get to know everyone and always has a smile on her face. She can spend hours answering questions and helping the potential nursing students and their families understand what is going to be expected of them and what to expect if they choose to come here. She comes into work early and stays late. Karen makes the campus a better place to be for students, staff, and faculty alike.”

“Karen has a real passion for her students. She shows that she cares with each and every student. She works hard to bring in the best candidates that she can. Students from past enrollments stop by to tell her of their success.”

“This girl is on FIRE! She really is excited about achieving a goal of 40 nursing students. She works very hard and really cares so much. I believe the potential students see that and it makes them want to attend MSB.”

“Always willing to help out no matter what the task is. Loves helping nursing students, and all students in general.”

Thanks for being so awesome, Karen! If you couldn’t tell already, we’re all pretty amazed by you and are grateful you are here at MSB!