Graduate Spotlight: Q & A with Toni Eishen, Forensic Accounting

Posted by on June 28, 2013

For Toni Eishen, working with numbers is what led her to the accounting program at Minnesota School of Business. Eishen graduated this past quarter with high honors with a Bachelor of Science degree in Forensic Accounting. Throughout her education, Eishen was very involved on campus. degree in forensic accounting Along with being a student worker in the bookstore and library, she also tutored students in accounting and college algebra.

We asked Eishen some questions about her educational experience and goals, and advice for students.

Why did you decide to attend MSB?  Convenience of the location was the main reason that I chose MSB.  The other thing that I liked about the school was that it had small class sizes.  Each student was not just a number, but was considered important.

What inspired you to choose your program?  I have always liked working with numbers. That is the reason I earned my associate degree in management accounting.  When the forensic accounting degree became available, I jumped at the chance to mix working with numbers and investigation together.

Tell us about your educational experience?  My educational experience has been good.  There were times when I didn’t know if I was going to make it to graduation, but I persevered.  Balancing school, work, and a social life is difficult sometimes.  The faculty and staff, along with my friends and family helped me get to this point.

What was your childhood dream job? As a kid I wanted to be a lawyer.  It just seemed like a good job to have.  Once I got older, I no longer wanted to be one.  It took finding out what was actually involved to make me realize that I would not like to do that for a living.

What is your dream job now?  My dream job now is where I work currently.  I am an accountant for Midwest Animal Rescue & Services.  I get to work with numbers and I get to work with animals.  It is a great place to work.

What is your current job?  I work for Midwest Animal Rescue & Services.  It is the place where I did my internship for my bachelor’s degree.  When I completed my hours, I was offered a salary position with the company.

How do you define success? Success to me is having a well-rounded life; having a job you like that will also balance with a personal life.  It is not about the money.

What do you enjoy doing in your spare time? Since I have been in school for five years, I need to figure out what I want to do in my spare time!

What motivates you?  I set personal goals for myself.  Achieving those goals becomes very important to me.

What is the best advice you’ve ever been given? Always do the best that you can.  It does not matter how a thing ends up, as long as you did your best.

What advice would you give other students regarding finding their success? Make sure that you are going to do something that you will enjoy.  Once you have done that, apply yourself and do the best that you can.