60 Graduates Celebrate the End of a Journey

Posted by on June 18, 2013

master of business administration, graduation

Master's degree students gather to show off their gifts as they eagerly await taking the stage.

On Friday, June 14, Minnesota School of Business (MSB) Online students celebrated their long awaited spring graduation ceremony in conjunction with the MSB-Richfield campus. The ceremony took place at the nearby Richfield Middle School auditorium and turned out to be a perfect night for celebrating.

This wasn’t just another typical graduation ceremony though, at least for me. That’s because I was walking! That’s right folks, I actually graduated with a Master of Business Administration degree and was able to finally meet and chat with several of my online classmates who were also present to take part in the ceremony.  Finally having faces to match the discussion board names was priceless. After all, these were the people I’d spent the last 18 months of my life interacting with on nearly a daily basis!

The ceremony kicked off promptly at 6:00 p.m. with 60 students walking and receiving recognition for all of their hard work in the classroom. The keynote speaker for the evening was Liz Ogren, who has been a local teacher for 27 years and is also the founder of Pedal and Roll for Parkinson’s.

Liz distributed small bags to the graduates containing several different items such as: a safety pin, sunflower seeds, and various sized decorative beads. After a moment of puzzlement for the graduates, Liz explained how the items in the bag represented moments in the graduates’ lives. Strength, security, knowledge, creativity, and growth were just a few of the analogies presented in Liz’s keynote speech.

As the ceremony came to an end, and students finished receiving their diplomas and hoods, the crowd moved to the reception area to enjoy cake and juice provided by the Minnesota School of Business’ career services team.

Author’s note:

As all of our new grads move into the next phase of their lives, no matter what’s in store for your future, I want to wish you all the best of luck. Always remember we did it, we put in the work and the effort, and no one can ever take that from us! Here’s to you Spring class 2013!