What to Do in Minnesota This Summer

Posted by on May 16, 2013

With the weather in Minnesota finally starting to warm up, students, faculty and staff at Minnesota School of Business-Shakopee are starting to look for ways to get over their cabin fever and are longing for some fun and relaxing summer activities. From lakes to golf courses, amusement parks to zoos, Minnesotans seem to head out in flocks to popular attractions during the warmer months of the year.

We asked faculty and staff to share their favorite warm weather activities and received quite a variety!Summer in Minnesota

“My favorite summer activities include maintaining my grandma’s flowers and my newly expanded vegetable garden, fishing on Mille Lacs and Minnetonka, and golfing par three golf courses. My favorite local golf courses are Cleary Lake and Water’s Edge.” –Lexi Gorshe, Admissions Representative

“I like to take the dogs to Minnehaha Park.” -Aimee LaRouche, Campus Director

“Like most Minnesotans, my favorite things to do during the summer involve pretty much anything that actually gets me out of the house. If I want to spend some money, I enjoy getting out on the golf course.  If I feel like being thrifty, I just go for a nice walk.” Nolan Cook, Campus Librarian

“One of my favorite events of the Summer is the Basilica Block Party. I enjoy this event each year is because it is a chance to listen to great music outdoors for two nights in a row. The lineup of bands is always top notch too.” -Gabrielle Reule, Paralegal Program Chair

“My favorite thing to do in the Twin Cities during the spring and summer is sit in air conditioning and watch television. With the cool air on me and my trusty fleece blanket, I can pretend it’s winter once again! I also like to eat freshly grilled dome dogs prepared by someone else.” -Beena Koshy, Academic Coordinator

“The summer starts for me with the Back to the 50s car show over at the State Fair grounds. There are members of the family that have a couple of classic cars and we plot out an area and spend the weekend looking at all the awesome cars and eating the great food. With 1950s rock and roll, and all sorts of collectibles, it is a fun time. My sons and I will be hitting the theaters this summer to watch all the new superhero movies. We make a day of it, we go early, walk the outside mall over at Arbor Lakes in Maple Grove, get some chocolate and a lunch at 5 Guys before going to AMC for great movie fun!” –Bill Hire, Adjunct Faculty

Minnesota School of Business students will have extra time this summer to relax or take a vacation during a four-week quarter break from June 16 to July 12. Get out and enjoy the weather!