Minnesota School of Business-St. Cloud (MSB) is offering free professional education and training on campus Friday, May 17, 2013 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. The event represents the college’s Community Service Day, which takes place annually in the month of May. There are at least five reasons why you should RSVP and attend!
1. Well, it’s FREE. Everyone knows that staying sharp and up-to-date in your field is important and expensive. In its second year, the MSB professional development conference on campus is part of the college’s commitment to building communities through education. Popular topics such as Microsoft Office and Excel can cost over $100 a class in an average setting, but on May 17 they will be taught by experts free of charge. And if you sign up for the entire day of workshops, guess what? There’s even a free lunch!
2. Topics that Matter. Today’s business world is ever-changing. Knowing the trends and keeping pace with your industry has never been more vital. The professional sessions offered May 17 include Workplace Safety and Identity Theft presented by the Waite Park Police Department, ICD 10 Medical Coding by Health Care Management Chair Deb Berglund, Workplace Bullying by Anna Marie’s Connect Initiative and the Cornerstone of Teamwork by the Minnesota School of Business Career Services Department.
3. On-site Support. Small businesses and nonprofits are encouraged to make an appointment with our information technology and digital media experts on May 17 to receive a free website assessment of their company sites. Immediate feedback will be given on the website’s efficiency and aesthetics.
4. It’s a Networking Opportunity. During the lunch hour, Career Services will host a networking seminar to give you the chance to meet and mingle with other community members to share stories and concerns.
5. It’s a “We Care” Event! If you have eight inches or more of hair, May 17 is a great day to donate to the Pantene program to benefit cancer patients. Professional hairstylists will be on campus to trim your locks, and the hair will be donated to make wigs for those receiving/recovering from cancer treatments. It’s an incredible way to make a difference!
Attending free professional training is a smart way to spend your Friday! RSVP to Kathy Craft at email@example.com to reserve your spot in a workshop or make an appointment for a one-on-one session.