‘I Made It!’ – Graduate’s Mantra

Posted by on March 28, 2013

Kisha Triplett graduated from Minnesota School of Business-Brooklyn Center on Friday, March 22, 2013, with a bachelor’s degree in health care management.  Triplett was one of the graduate speakers at the ceremony and spoke to the audience about the curveballs she received throughout her educational journey, as well as the successes she had.

bachelor's degree in health care management

Kisha Triplett earned her bachelor's degree in health care management. She currently works for Allina Health.

Triplett told her story of being a single parent to her five children for a period of time while she was in school.  While it was difficult and those curveballs were thrown at her, she found a way to keep going.  Triplett had an amazing support system, and she was constantly reminded to not give up; she had come too far!  Her mantra of “I made it!” was repeated several times throughout her speech.

Recently, we asked Triplett a few questions so that we could highlight her on a wall on campus as a featured graduate. Here’s what she had to say:

1. Why did you choose Minnesota School of Business-Brooklyn Center?
I chose MSB-BC because it was the best option I had in terms of continuing my education.  I moved here from Illinois, and there were not many schools that would accept my credits; I really didn’t want to start all over again.  MSB-BC gave me a great opportunity, and I am very happy that I continued here.  I have received a diploma, an associate, and now my bachelor’s.  I’m looking forward to coming back to start my master’s!

2. What was your favorite thing about attending and going to class at Minnesota School of Business-Brooklyn Center?
My favorite thing about going to class at MSB-BC was how personable my instructors were.  I also loved working with Nicki and Tyuon who were always available if I had questions or needed assistance.  Most of the instructors I had were always easy to talk with and were always available if I needed additional help.

3. What are your post-graduation plans?
I plan on continuing to work at my current job at Allina Health. There is great opportunity for me within this organization. In the future, I would like to see myself as an administrator of a hospital or a nursing home.

4. What are you involved with away from school?
I am currently working on starting a mentoring program for young women ages 16-25 that will help women become self-sufficient.  I believe in empowering people and encouraging them not to ever give up.

5. If you had any words of wisdom for our current students, what would those be? 
I would tell them that no matter how tough things seem, to never give up. Giving up is so easy, but continuing what you started will always give you the best results.

We wish Kisha the best of luck in her future!