The Smile of Our Campus

Posted by on February 22, 2013

associate degree in business administrationIt’s safe to say that just about everyone in the Minnesota School of Business-Shakopee community has spoken to Vikki Clayton at least once while on campus. Vikki is not only a student set to graduate this quarter with an associate degree in business administration, but she is also the daytime administrative assistant on campus and the keeper of the ever-popular campus candy dish!

Vikki’s upbeat personality and willingness to help others brings a welcoming presence to our campus. If you haven’t had the chance to spend some time getting to know Vikki, here is just a glimpse into the “smile” of our campus.

What led you to Minnesota School of Business-Shakopee?
After I was laid off from my job of 10 years, I was unable to get another position as an executive administrative assistant. All of the job descriptions required a four year degree, which I did not have.

I was looking around at different schools and Minnesota School of Business seemed to have what I was looking for: small class sizes, classes available online and multiple locations. As luck would have it, a position became open and I applied right away for the administrative assistant position. I was lucky enough to get the job and was also lucky to finally finish my degree.

What is one recommendation you have for current students?
Take advantage of the instructors’ knowledge. The instructors at the Shakopee campus are among the best; they are truly interested in seeing the students succeed and are willing to help them any way they can.

What do you enjoy doing away from work and school?
I enjoy spending time with my husband, children and friends. I like to watch sports–almost all of them. Especially gymnastics and dog shows; and yes dog-showing is a sport!

Following graduation, Vikki plans to continue her education with Minnesota School of Business by obtaining a bachelor of business administration degree. Next time you’re on campus, be sure to swing by the front desk top say hello to Vikki!