Top 5 Reasons to Visit the Library

Posted by on February 21, 2013

When I was in college studying for my undergraduate degree, I remember spending endless hours at the campus library.  Many of my visits were spent doing research for papers as well as studying for upcoming midterms and finals; most of the time I was alone.  However, some of my visits were with classmates as we studied in small groups or worked on collaborative projects. I realize that this might make me seem “nerdy,” but I love books and learning. 

library, Minnesota School of BusinessBrent Schauer, Minnesota School of Business-Brooklyn Center‘s librarian, has many of the same college recollections as me.  He loves books, learning, and research!  Brent would love to have more students visit the campus library, so he decided to share with our readers the top five reasons to stop on by.

Reason #5
The library is a quiet and comfortable place to be!  Many of our students study in the student lounge where it can be noisy because visiting and hanging out occurs there.  In the library, there is a guarantee of quiet.  Also, we have couches to sit on as well as tables to sit at.  Depending on your preference, you can study in whichever way you see fit. 

Reason #4
We have access to a database called “Films on Demand.”  This is free to our students and includes many educational documentaries and news reports.  If you are looking for more primary research, this could be the database to check out.

Reason #3
Printing is free!  Both Brent and I remember using large amounts of money to print information that we needed.  We would have loved to be able to print for free. Take advantage of this!

Reason #2
Studies have shown a direct correlation between GPA, retention, and library visits.  Visit the library, and you just may see an improvement in your grades!  

And reason #1 for visiting the Brooklyn Center campus library is…

Brent Schauer.  Brent is a plethora of knowledge. He can help you with the library databases, explain how to and help you start a research paper, as well as assist students in determining what sources are credible. 

Hopefully these five reasons to visit the library have now convinced you to stop in and find out what the library has to offer you!