Plymouth Faculty Bolstered By 3 New Additions

Posted by on January 29, 2013

New instructors

Susan Coopmans works with students in her Hematology class.

The Minnesota School of Business-Plymouth welcomed three new instructors to its stable of educators for the 2013 winter quarter. Susan Coopmans, Pamela England and Ernest Wiafe are all getting their instructing feet wet for the first time at the Plymouth campus.

Coopmans brings a wealth of experience with her to Plymouth. Her 15 years in the veterinary field has seen her experience general practice, emergency, research and management in several different settings.

“I enjoy seeing the looks of understanding and joy on students’ faces when they realize they have learned something new or are now able to perform a certain skill,” Coopmans said. “Helping new students enter the wonderful land of veterinary technology gives me a sense of pride.”

Coopmans is teaching the Hematology and Small Animal Disease class this quarter.

England is the newest humanities adjunct. Her credentials include a bachelor’s degree in anthropology (linguistics focus) from Hunter College in New York City and a master of fine arts in short story fiction from National University in LaJolla, Calif.

Her 40 years of educating have included classroom instruction, interpreting and social work. Her professional stops have included adult education at LaGuardia Community College (New York City), wilderness instruction in Tennessee and class development and instruction at Prescott College in Prescott, Ariz.

“Hopefully I can allow the [learning] process to be fun,” England said. “I really love to see ‘the lights come on,’ especially for folks who have given up on success.”

England is leading the Foundations of Writing II offering this quarter.

Wiafe is getting his first taste of the classroom as the Business Law instructor at the Plymouth campus. He is a native of Ghana

New instuctors

Ernest Wiafe goes over assigned reading during his business law class

and holds a bachelor’s degree in political science from Queens College (N.Y.), a master’s of public administration from Baruch College (N.Y.) and a law degree from St. John’s University (N.Y.).

““I enjoy the interaction with students and the fact I get to share knowledge with them,” he said. “[Teaching] is something that I have always wanted to do, and I can see myself doing it for a long time.”

He currently works for TCF Bank as a senior investigator, protecting them from internal or external criminal activities, focusing on Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering issues.

For more information on offerings at the Minnesota School of Business, click here.