Heroes, Hobbies and Vacations: Meet Our New Medical Assistant Chair

Posted by on January 28, 2013

Michelle Galloway, Medical Assisting Program ChairThis quarter Minnesota School of Business-Shakopee welcomed Michelle Galloway as our new chair of the medical assistant degree program. Michelle received her Medical Assistant certification in 2008 and for the past five years has worked with the Fairview Health System.

“I am excited to bring my new ideas and knowledge to the medical assistant program,” Michelle said.

But now for the fun stuff! In order for the Minnesota School of Business-Shakopee community to get to know her better here are some fun facts about Michelle:

What has been your favorite vacation?
Anytime I have visited Duluth – especially in the fall. To me Duluth is one of the most relaxing places to visit.

Who is your hero?
My mom is my hero. She has worked so hard in her life. She beat breast cancer at age 32, all while my sister, brother and I were under the age of six. She has been a great role model to me throughout my life.

What accomplishment are you most proud of?
Besides getting the job here at Minnesota School of Business, I would have to say buying my first car. A couple months ago I purchased a 2012 Subaru Impreza, all wheel drive. I absolutely love it!

What are your favorite hobbies?
I love to scrapbook and shop (who doesn’t love that?). I also love to bake and cook. I am a big World War II history buff, so I am usually always watching some sort of movie or documentary about that era.

What would a “perfect day” consist of?
A perfect day would consist of sleeping in, getting a vanilla latte from Starbucks, taking a walk (not in winter) getting a massage, and ending the day with a scary movie.

Michelle also serves as the medical assistant program chair at the Lakeville campus of Minnesota School of Business as well. Be sure to say hello to Michelle when you see her on campus!